Website ABERDARE PRESIGE AND ROYAL COTTAGES
PRESTIGE AND ROYAL SERVICE
Job Description for a Chef
POSITION TITLE: Chef
REPORTS TO: Operations Manager
Responsible for the consistent preparation of innovative and creative cuisine of the highest quality, presentation and flavor for the restaurants and events
Responsible for the smooth management of the kitchen and areas of profit, stock, wastage control, hygiene practices and training.
Executive Chef Duties and Responsibilities:
- Trains, develops and motivates kitchen staff to meet and exceed established food preparation standards on a consistent basis.
- Display exceptional leadership by providing a positive work environment, counselling employees as appropriate and demonstrating a dedicated and professional approach to management.
- Provides guidance and direction to subordinates, including setting key performance indicators and monitoring performance.
- Advocate sound financial/business decision making, demonstrating honesty, integrity and lead by example.
- Delegate as appropriate to develop supervisors and subordinates to accept responsibility and meet clearly defined goals and objectives.
- Reviews staffing levels to ensure that guest service, operational needs and financial objectives are met.
- Actively involved in menu development and maintaining updated and accurate costing of all dishes.
- Ensure compliance with food handling and sanitation standards.
- Follow proper handling and right temperature of all food products.
- Ensure all equipment in the kitchen is properly maintained and in working order in accordance with local Health department and hotel standards.
- Coordinate with the purchase department for acquisition of needed goods and services.
- Ensure proper grooming and hygiene standards for all kitchen staff.
- Ensure all kitchen employees maintain required food handling and sanitation certifications.
- Interact with guests to obtain feedback on food quality, presentation and service levels.
- Maintain Quality levels of receiving, storage, production and presentation of food.
- Discuss daily food cost reports with key kitchen and F&B team members.
- Identify developmental needs of kitchen staff and provide coaching, mentoring, and helping them to improve their knowledge or skills.
- Ensures disciplinary procedures and documentation are completed according to hotel operational Standard and Management Policy.
Well developed communication and customer relations skills. Highly organized, results-oriented with the ability to be flexible and work well under pressure. Knowledge of Opera / Fidelio / Other Property Management Systems is required.
Certificate or diploma in food production from a reputable culinary school. Computer knowledge required.
Minimum of 5 years as a chef or sous chef in a star rated institution.
Send your application latest 27th August 2021 to email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org