A 60 Room hotel on Accra Road, Nairobi is looking for a suitable housekeeper .
Start: January 2022
Job Description for Housekeeper
JOB TITLE: Housekeeper
REPORTS TO : Manager
Supervise all housekeeping employees, gives training for newly recruited employees, audit and inspects housekeeping work assignment and requisition supplies. Take care of the budget and budget controlling for the department.
Duties and Responsibility:
Supervises all housekeeping employees. Plans the work for the housekeeping department and distributes assignments accordingly. Assigns regular duties for the housekeeping staff.
Approves all supply requisitions. Maintains a lost-and-found department and is responsible for all lost-and-found items. Determines the rightful owner and sends correspondences.
- Responsible for cleanliness, orderliness and appearance of the entire Hotel.
- Ensure that rooms are made as per hotel standard.
- Prepare Monthly and Annual Housekeeping Budget.
- Maintain par stock of guest supplies, cleaning supplies, linen and uniforms.
- Organizes pest eradication activities.
- Develop and implement Housekeeping SOPs.
- Prepare housekeeping reports for Front of house and management.
- Assist Purchasing department in selecting suppliers for items related to Housekeeping.
- Attends and resolves guest complaints.
- Organize on-the job training and evaluate its effectiveness.
Other Routine Responsibilities:
- Daily inspection of public areas
- Daily briefing of Supervisors
- Coordinates preventive maintenance schedule of rooms and a public area with the maintenance department.
Strong Leadership abilities and organizational skills.
Training in housekeeping management.
Minimum 5 years of experience of which at least 2 to 3 years in a similar role. Strong Operational/Technical Knowledge.
If you have what it takes, send in your your application, CV with a reference of at least 3 people latest by 14th December 2021 to